Other Ways to Give
Whether you are manning a lemonade stand or hosting a party we have made the fundraising process easy for you. Once you decide the type of event you would like to host, you’ll register at no cost. You’ll receive access to your own customizable fundraising page where donors can make secure online donations and you can send emails and check fundraising progress.
No minimum fundraising requirement
No paperwork signed
By creating your own impact project you can help us fund screenings, diagnostics, treatment, research and education to those who need it most in Arizona.
You can support Komen Arizona in a variety of ways, including through your estate, charitable trust, last will and testament, life insurance policy or retirement plan. Planned giving allows you to not only achieve your own philanthropic and charitable giving goals, but it will also allow Komen Arizona continue our mission of fighting breast cancer statewide.
Some of the above-mentioned planned giving strategies may have a greater tax benefit to you than others, so please consult with your attorney or financial adviser on which strategy would work best for you.
Workplace Giving (Non-Government Employees)
Community Health Charities
Susan G. Komen® is a member of Community Health Charities which offers payroll-deduction giving options to employees in a number of private firms. Komen Arizona’s campaign number is 78058.
If you do not see our Affiliate listed in your campaign materials, please write in Susan G. Komen Arizona on your pledge card, along with this address: 2040 West Bethany Home Road Suite 120, Phoenix, Arizona 85015.
To designate your contribution through the United Way campaign, please use: #1279 Susan G. Komen Arizona.
Donate your car and raise funds in the local fight against breast cancer. Donate your used car, van, truck, boat, or recreational vehicle to Komen Arizona. Donate by calling our toll free number at 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622)
We accept ALL vehicles regardless of age or condition.
Donate your vehicle 24 hours a day using our fast and easy on-line process. Simply complete the on-line donation form and we will respond, normally within hours, with all the processing instructions.
Donate your car to the Komen Arizona TODAY by calling 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thurs: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 4 pm (EST)
Simple Steps to Donating Your Vehicle:
• You must have a valid state issued title from motor vehicles issued in the name of the donor when calling or donating on-line
• Contact us either by telephone or on-line to provide your car donation information
• Our office will assign a local towing company for pickup, towing is free to our donors
• Upon notification of pickup, we will send you an official donation receipt
• All donated vehicles to Komen are sold at auction, once sold, the IRS Form 1098c will be processed to the donor within 30 days of the sale. The IRS form 1098c is attached to the IRS form 8283 “Non Cash Charitable Contributions”
Car donations made to Komen Arizona are tax deductible. Komen Arizona has been designated by the IRS as a 501c3 charity. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. The IRS allows the donor to claim a minimum of $500, however, for vehicles with a gross sale price over $501, we will indicate the exact sale price of the donated car on the IRS form 1098c.
Benefits of Donating Your Car to Komen Arizona:
• Free towing whether the vehicle is running or not, you can donate your automobile anywhere in the United States
• Eliminate the hassle of repairing, advertising, and selling your car by letting our courteous, well trained staff handle all the details
• Qualify for an IRS tax deduction
• Importantly, by donating, you are supporting the cause to end and eliminate breast cancer forever
It is the donors’ responsibility to become familiar with the donation process prior to making a car donation. Please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303.
Komen Arizona has partnered and entered into an agreement with Komen-cars.org, operated by the Melwood Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit organization, to manage and operate their car donation program. Melwood, since 1963 provides job training and employment to over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.