Help Us Advocate!
We need you!
American Health Care Act (AHCA) has the potential of putting affordable, quality health insurance out of reach for the women and men we serve. In addition to extreme cuts in Medicaid funding, coverage losses and premium increases included in the original bill, this amendment gives states the ability to:
• Allow insurers to charge people higher premiums based on pre-existing conditions
• Eliminate the Affordable Care Act’s essential health benefits (EHB) requirements such as free breast cancer screening
You can help!
Voting could start as earlier as tomorrow. NOW is the time to call your representative and urge them to oppose the MacArthur Amendment and the AHCA.
Call the Capitol Switchboard: (202)224-3121, give your address and ask to be connected with your Representative’s office. Once you reach a staff person or voicemail system, use the following talking points to tell your story:
• Request that the Representative vote AGAINST the MacArthur Amendment and the AHCA
• Convey that these changes would increase the number of uninsured, decrease federal protections for people with pre-existing conditions and cut Medicaid
• Tell the office that as a constituent and breast cancer survivor/activist these provisions are important for the women and men Komen serves in your state.
Thank you for your prompt action and dedication!