Did you know that every major advance in the fight against breast cancer has been touched by Susan G. Komen®? That we’ve provided more money for breast cancer research and community health programs than any entity besides the U.S. government? Komen’s goal is to “energize science to find the cures.”
Komen’s commitment to supporting life-saving research has never been stronger. Building on 30 years of funding research to find the causes and cures of breast cancer, Komen continues its important new focus on research that will speed the translation of discoveries into reductions in breast cancer mortality and/or incidence within the next decade and on addressing disparities in breast cancer across populations.
A minimum of 25 percent of the net income from each domestic Affiliate supports the Komen Grant Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific conferences around the world.
Information about National Research Programs
We have made a promise to end breast cancer forever – energizing science to find the cures is a critical part of this promise. Click here to read more about some that are fulfilling this promise.
Breast Cancer Research Programs in Arizona funded by Susan G. Komen
- 18 total research grants (none currently active)
- $3,935,772 in total research funding
- First research grant awarded in 1993
- Institutions that have received funding:
- Mayo Clinic and Foundation: 4 grants
- Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen): 3 grants
- University of Arizona: 11 grant
- Research Funding By Topic
- Biology 28%
- Cancer Control, Survivorship, and Outcomes Research 28%
- Early Detection, Diagnosis and Prognosis 11%
- Etiology 6%
- Prevention 6%
- Treatment 11%
- Uncategorized 11%
Click here to read more about Komen Research Grants in Arizona.