Komen Promise: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating individuals about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
While perhaps best known for Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® – our affiliate is engaged in year-round activities that help us fulfill the Komen Promise on a daily basis:
• advocating for universal access to screening and treatment
• providing breast health education and community outreach
• serving as a resource for survivors and co-survivors
• funding life-saving education, screening and treatment programs in central and northern Arizona
Komen Arizona has been raising funds and supporting Arizona communities for 23 years, generating more than $35.6 million in donations. To date, more than $26.6 million has been allocated to local education, screening and treatment programs and more than $9 million has been raised for international breast cancer research.
Komen Arizona is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we’re also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating the residents in our service area about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs in for our neighbors currently battling this disease.
Since 1993, Komen Arizona’s funding provided the following thru our community grants program:
• 49,840 free or reduced cost mammograms
• 8,403 diagnostic treatments
• 7,012 breast cancer treatments
• Hundreds of thousands of individuals with education
Join Komen Arizona in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources, fundraise for Komen Arizona, or speak about this disease across Arizona. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today. We're here to partner with you.
We’re always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.